Agile Leadership: Become a Leader not a Boss!!!
Empowering the team requires a very different approach to leadership. An empowered team has the authority and responsibility to make decisions, rather than needing to approval or instructions from a manager. The team itself self-organizes around a leader instead of reporting to a manager.
Organizations today are struggling to stay responsive and effective in the face of increasingly turbulent economic, technological and market forces. Most companies are struggling just to catch up with, let alone get in front of, the accelerating turbulence that seems to infect every industry. The problem is that business leaders are not only dealing with rapid change. What most leaders are dealing with is a condition of increasing volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
Such conditions call for not just a behavioral adjustment in how leaders lead. Rather, what is urgently needed is an out-and-out paradigm shift in how leaders think about organizations, their role within them, and the very nature of what constitutes effective leadership. Now comes the Agile Leadership in the picture.
For the Agile Leader, servant-hood is the strategy. Agile Leaders are inclusive, democratic leaders who exhibit a greater openness to ideas and innovations. With a passion for learning, a focus on developing people, and a strong ability to define and communicate a desired vision, they possess all of the tools necessary to successfully inspire others and become an agent for change within any organization.
• Be challenged and discover what kind of a leader you are.
• Take the lead, if and when you want.
• Learn about Agile Leadership, what that means and how you do it.
• Gain more awareness of how you manage contexts and develop relationships.
• Learn a set of principles which apply to leading your life, your team and your organization.
• Come face-to-face with yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses, as you confront one situation after the other, with equally inquisitive participants.