The Power of Habits
Human beings are creatures of habit. However, embracing new habits and making them stick are not as trivial as they may first sound. Yet how can we adopt new practices? And how can we break some previous learnt habits which persist in organizations for years? Join our interactive hands-on session!
Practice a method to embrace change in your colleagues’ habits as well as leadership within your organisation, enhance agility and make the new habits stick.
Outline/Structure of the Hands on Session:
* 5 minutes: To connect participants to the topic and to each other, they will experience an opening that immediately engages them by doing what the instructions indicate as soon as they enter the room. Next, the participants will reflect upon what just happened by answering questions that I will ask about habits
* 10 minutes: Brief lecture about habits and sharing my experience with techniques and a tool which helps to bring habits to life
* 40 minutes: Be engaged in the learning in very active ways! The participants will teach each other and learn from each other by working in table groups. They will rotate tables three times, doing three separate learning activities, one at each table. Next, each table’s facilitator will give a short summary for the question the table’s group chose.
* 25 minutes: for wrapping up, participants will be encouraged to think boldly and come up with practical steps and testable hypothesis they can utilize the tool according to their given context
* 10 minutes: Q&A
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
* Understand what habits are, appreciate where do they derive from and explain how can they be changed
* Practice techniques to change habits or taking on new ones
* Demonstrate application by using the provided tool
* Evaluate the degree to which a chosen habit sticks
* Utilize, tailor and further develop the tool according to your context